Hour Children could not continue to work effectively without the support of literally thousands of volunteers, donors, and supporters.
Here are just some of the ways you can help:
1) Make a Donation to Support the Work of Hour Children
You can donate online by clicking here. (The site enables you to dedicate your gift in honor or in memory of someone and accepts one-time, monthly, or quarterly recurring donations.)
You can also send donations to us at:
Hour Children, Inc.
36-11 12th Street
Long Island City, NY 11106
Please be assured that Hour Children does NOT sell, trade, or share any donor information!
Hour Children welcomes the support of individual or group volunteers across all areas of the organization.
To volunteer, click here for our Volunteer Application form.
3) If you shop at Amazon.com, use their AmazonSmile portal and list Hour Children as your charity cause. There is no extra cost to you, and we’ll receive 1/2% of your total purchases.
4) Use Good Search (powered by Yahoo.com) as your online search engine and specify Hour Children as your charity of choice. There is no cost to you, and we receive donations from Good Search.
5) Support Hour Thrift Shops! Hour Thrift Shops provide income for Hour Children, great bargains for people in our community that need gently used clothes and furniture, as well as valuable internship opportunities that enable some of Hour Working Women to get valuable retail experience (not to mention an opportunity for our supporters to clear out valuable closet space at home). Click here for store addresses and more information. Whether you are bargain hunting or have items to donate, we welcome you.
6) Hire one of Hour Women, or offer them an internship. Hour Working Women Reentry Program prepares women to excel in the workforce. For more information, contact Johanna Flores at 718-433-4724 x 310 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.