Facilities and Maintenance Assistant
Hour Children seeks to hire a full-time Facilities and Maintenance (F&M) Assistant to join its F&M team. The ideal candidate would express a willingness to work efficiently and collaboratively within the F&M team and with other groups across the organization.
Reporting to the F&M Manager, the F&M Assistant will be responsible for, among other things, the maintenance of a clean and safe environment in the public areas of Hour apartment buildings, as well as its program/office areas.
Regular (daily or weekly) upkeep of Hour public areas and program/office areas including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, washing/polishing floors and cleaning of walls.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily upkeep/organization of garbage/recycling as per collection schedule
- Cleanliness and storage of all tools, equipment, blowers, cleaning supplies, and other materials
- Snow removal snow from public areas
- Cleanliness of elevators, compactors and laundry machines
- Assisting in the completion of all work orders
- Assisting with the general repairs such as: plastering, installation of drywall, floor installation, basic plumbing and electrical tasks and painting
- Attending workshops/trainings as directed
- Reporting any maintenance repair requests, equipment problems, or hazards in a timely manner
- When authorized, assisting other Managers in accomplishing minor tasks such as: moving items/furniture, driving the organization’s vehicle(s) and the assembly of furniture
- Assisting volunteers/community services participants, HWWRP participants, and interns as needed
Specifications for Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in moderate to heavy physical labor in all types of weather
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional Requirements and/or Preferences:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- 10 hours of OSHA training preferred
- Any building maintenance experience or other equivalent combination of training
and experience preferred
- Some knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems preferred
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter, with salary requirements, to email@example.com.